Keeping Your Street Clean
- Set an example by not littering.
- Sweep your sidewalk weekly. Bag the debris.
- Use litter baskets for pedestrian trash only. No household trash - the stinky shells from your clambake, the contents of your cheating ex's closet, your broken refrigerator.
- If you need to get rid of household trash on a day other than your trash day, take your bagged debris to a nearby Citizen Convenience Center, open 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Saturday.
- Recycle as much as you can.
- Never dump your trash on neighbors or neighboring businesses.
- Do not sweep debris into storm drains.
- Place your trash and recycling out only on your scheduled collection day in their proper containers. Volunteer with the Philadelphia More Beautiful Committee or a community group to help clean up your neighborhood.
- Report any illegal dumping to the Police Department or Neighborhood Services Unit at 215-685-3097. Please provide the license number and description of the vehicle.