Friday, April 20, 2007

Butt Heads of the road ways!

CigaretteLitter.org
http://www.cigarettelitter.org/
Fact: It is estimated that several trillion cigarette butts are littered worldwide every year. That's billions of cigarettes flicked, one at a time, on our sidewalks, beaches, nature trails, gardens, and other public places every single day. In fact, cigarettes are the most littered item in America and the world.

I personally used to smoke, and admittedly have flicked cigarette butts out my car window. I have since quick and prior to quiting curbed my behavior when I realized what an ass I've been throwing trash out the window. Smoke your self silly, dirty your car not the streets - just keep the butts where they belong - in your ashtray! Oh and this does not give you the right to pull up to a stop light and empty your ashtray - how lazy and inconsiderate we have become as a society when it takes less energy to put it in the appropriate container than it does to screw in a light bulb.

No comments: